- NATIONAL DANCE WEEK – April 27
Performing between 1:00-3:00pm at Washington & Grand
Karlovsky & Company Dance is the featured 2019 NDW Honorary Dance Company!
NDW Master Class by Artistic Director, Dawn Karlovsky
Sunday, April 28
3:00 – 4:30pm / Washington University (Mallinckrodt 207)
- ABOUT DANCE – April 15 at 6:30pm, Crown Center for Senior Living(in collaboration with CASEfest – Celebrating Art for Senior Engagement)
- GIVE STL DAY – May 1st www.givestlday.org/karlovskydance
- SPRING TO DANCE FESTIVAL 2019 – May 24
Touhill Performing Arts Center, Lee Theatre, www.dancestlouis.org
- SUMMER SOMATICS SERIES – Summer classes with Karlovsky & Company Dance, June 10, 17 July 1, 8, 15 at 6:30pm at the Grandel Theatre, St. Louis.
- National Tour – SF/Bay Area – SHIFTING TIME June 28 & 29 Shawl-Anderson Dance Center, Berkley, CA
- International Tour – Cape Town, South Africa
- CONVERSATIONS – Karlovsky & Company Dance and New World Dance Theatre – Cape Town, South Africa, August 1 – August 12, 2019
Photo credit: Bob Morrison
June 15-19 Teaching and Performance -Communauté de Culture – Couloisy, France
June 20-23 Performance, Théâtre du Rouret – Rouret, France
Karlovsky & Company Dance: REMEMBRANCE
Karlovsky & Company Dance main stage season concert of new work by artistic director, Dawn Karlovsky and guest work by French choreographer, Marie Christine Dal Farra.
MARCH 23 & 24, 2018 – 7:30pm The Grandel Theatre 3610 Grandel Square, St. Louis, MO 63108
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 8PM – 9:30PM
THE GRANDEL THEATRE 3610 Grandel Square, St. Louis MO 63108
We can talk about dance as being luscious, full-bodied, and elegant, or light, crisp, and lively just as we would describe a certain wine, a piece of music, or a delicious flavor.
Karlovsky & Company Dance creates a sensory journey through this progressive performance of site-specific dance playfully paired with live music, culinary treats, and wines matched with the qualities of movement, music, theme, and environment.
Joining the dancers of Karlovsky & Company Dance are musicians:
- Mo Egeston (piano)
- Harvey Lockhart (saxophone)
- Lance Garger (percussion)
- Tory Z Starbuck (electronics)
- Kalo Hoyle (bass)
Wine pairings and culinary treats by Chef Samantha Pretto of the Dark Room!
Discover the unique spaces of the Grandel Theatre through this sensory-guided performance event.
Tickets: $30 through Metrotix.com (ticket price includes performance, wines, and culinary treats)
MAY 19 & 20, 2017 7:30pm LOUDER THAN WORDS The Sun Theater 3625 Grandel Square St. Louis 63108
Season concert of new work and choreographic collaboration with guest artist Sarah LaRose-Holland of Kinetic Evolutions Dance Company (Minneapolis). Through Karlovsky’s stimulating choreography, LOUDER THAN WORDS explores the powerful subject of communication and the non-verbal forms used in human interaction with direct and indirect ways that we express ourselves through gesture, touch, and body language.
Support for this event is made possible by the Missouri Arts Council – a state agency, the Regional Arts Commission, the Kranzberg Arts Foundation, and KDHX.
TICKETS MetroTix: 314-534-1111
JUNE 2 & 3, 2017 JSB TEKBOX at the Cowles Center, Minneapolis, MN
WINE TASTING BENEFIT for KARLOVSKY & COMPANY DANCE
Wednesday – November 16, 2016 6-8PM
PARKER’S TABLE 7118 Oakland Ave. St. Louis, MO 63117 www.parkerstable.com
- Sample specialty wines, cheeses, and meats from around the world!
- Meet the company and hear about our upcoming season and future plans!
- Buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win a Parker’s Table gift basket!
Tickets: $35 at http://karlovskydancewinetasting.bpt.me Space is limited – please purchase tickets in advance.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, September 22 – Old Post Office Plaza (9th & Locust St. St. Louis 63101)
Friday, September 30 – Strauss Park in Grand Center (Grand & Washington, 63103)
These FREE outdoor performances feature site-specific dance by local choreographers R. Vance Baldwin, Alice Bloch, Ashley Tate, Gabriella Deakin, Dawn Karlovsky, and Rafael Tilery with live musical accompaniment by Rick Kramer and Tory Z Starbuck.