- Mondays, June 8 – July 13, 2020 – 6:30pm – 8:00pm (online via Zoom)
- Cost: $10 per class – click on picture below to go to the class list (a new link will be posted each week for the separate classes)
This September, Karlovsky & Company Dance welcomes New World Dance Theatre from Cape Town, South Africa as part II of our international collaboration project. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to see our dual-company performance that transcends cultural differences and embraces the power of dialogue to understand one another and build trust. September 3 – 4, 2020, 7:30pm – The Grandel Theatre.
Karlovsky & Company Dance is participating in Give STL Day, which will be held on May 7th, 2020. Give STL Day, hosted by the St. Louis Community Foundation, is a 24-hour, online day-of-giving event, designed to ignite the spirit of giving across the region.
Your donation provides support of the overall programming of Karlovsky & Company Dance including our annual Concert Work, Community Education Programs, and Site-Specific Dance Performances. See more details on our Give STL Day company page:
- Please donate between Noon – 1pm to help us win an hourly prize! (The micro-sized organization with the most donors in this hour wins an extra prize of $1000!)
For other ways to extend your gift, make a donation during these Power Hours!
Noon – 1pm | 3pm – 4pm | 6pm – 7pm
Thanks to our generous donors, $300 raised will be matched!
The minimum donation is $10.
Your gift, whether large or small, will make a significant difference to help us meet our goal.
- NATIONAL DANCE WEEK – April 27
Performing between 1:00-3:00pm at Washington & Grand
Karlovsky & Company Dance is the featured 2019 NDW Honorary Dance Company!
NDW Master Class by Artistic Director, Dawn Karlovsky
Sunday, April 28
3:00 – 4:30pm / Washington University (Mallinckrodt 207)
- ABOUT DANCE – April 15 at 6:30pm, Crown Center for Senior Living(in collaboration with CASEfest – Celebrating Art for Senior Engagement)
- GIVE STL DAY – May 1st www.givestlday.org/karlovskydance
- SPRING TO DANCE FESTIVAL 2019 – May 24
Touhill Performing Arts Center, Lee Theatre, www.dancestlouis.org
- SUMMER SOMATICS SERIES – Summer classes with Karlovsky & Company Dance, June 10, 17 July 1, 8, 15 at 6:30pm at the Grandel Theatre, St. Louis.
- National Tour – SF/Bay Area – SHIFTING TIME June 28 & 29 Shawl-Anderson Dance Center, Berkley, CA
- International Tour – Cape Town, South Africa
- CONVERSATIONS – Karlovsky & Company Dance and New World Dance Theatre – Cape Town, South Africa, August 1 – August 12, 2019
Photo credit: Bob Morrison
June 15-19 Teaching and Performance -Communauté de Culture – Couloisy, France
June 20-23 Performance, Théâtre du Rouret – Rouret, France
Karlovsky & Company Dance: REMEMBRANCE
Karlovsky & Company Dance main stage season concert of new work by artistic director, Dawn Karlovsky and guest work by French choreographer, Marie Christine Dal Farra.
MARCH 23 & 24, 2018 – 7:30pm The Grandel Theatre 3610 Grandel Square, St. Louis, MO 63108
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 8PM – 9:30PM
THE GRANDEL THEATRE 3610 Grandel Square, St. Louis MO 63108
We can talk about dance as being luscious, full-bodied, and elegant, or light, crisp, and lively just as we would describe a certain wine, a piece of music, or a delicious flavor.
Karlovsky & Company Dance creates a sensory journey through this progressive performance of site-specific dance playfully paired with live music, culinary treats, and wines matched with the qualities of movement, music, theme, and environment.
Joining the dancers of Karlovsky & Company Dance are musicians:
- Mo Egeston (piano)
- Harvey Lockhart (saxophone)
- Lance Garger (percussion)
- Tory Z Starbuck (electronics)
- Kalo Hoyle (bass)
Wine pairings and culinary treats by Chef Samantha Pretto of the Dark Room!
Discover the unique spaces of the Grandel Theatre through this sensory-guided performance event.
Tickets: $30 through Metrotix.com (ticket price includes performance, wines, and culinary treats)
MAY 19 & 20, 2017 7:30pm LOUDER THAN WORDS The Sun Theater 3625 Grandel Square St. Louis 63108
Season concert of new work and choreographic collaboration with guest artist Sarah LaRose-Holland of Kinetic Evolutions Dance Company (Minneapolis). Through Karlovsky’s stimulating choreography, LOUDER THAN WORDS explores the powerful subject of communication and the non-verbal forms used in human interaction with direct and indirect ways that we express ourselves through gesture, touch, and body language.
Support for this event is made possible by the Missouri Arts Council – a state agency, the Regional Arts Commission, the Kranzberg Arts Foundation, and KDHX.
TICKETS MetroTix: 314-534-1111
JUNE 2 & 3, 2017 JSB TEKBOX at the Cowles Center, Minneapolis, MN